Influencing without Authority
Influencing and building trust are essential soft skills for the workplace. Regardless of our role we will be constantly influencing others and building trust with our stakeholders.
This course will give attendees a wide range of approaches for positively changing the thinking and actions of others without the need to resort to use of power or authority as well as building trust with others for strong working relationships.
Face-to-face or virtual group course.
Having attended this course, participants will:
1. Have developed their competences to influence others on multiple levels.
2. Better understand conflict and how they handle conflict.
3. Know they different types of trust and how to build, maintain and repair trust with others.
4. Be able to build better working relationships with others including managers through "managing up".
5. Have developed skill such as active and empathic listening.
Who Should Attend:
The course is aimed at anyone who needs to effectively and positively change the minds and deeds of stakeholders and build strong relationships without threats or the need to say things such as “I am the boss”.
Key Features of the Course:
- Defining “influencing” and linking it to other related concepts
- Examining “weapons” of influence
- How to be assertive and manage your assertiveness
- Using academic tools of rhetoric in e-mails and presentations
- Influencing games, roleplay and simulations
- Finding your conflict-handling style
- Knowing the types of trust
- Understanding how a responsive “coaching” approach can influence others
- Managing up and how to manage up
- How to say "no"
- Personal action planning
Outline / Technical Proposal: