Leadership is a complex subject area and being an effective leader is a matter of having the right knowledge, skills and mindset. However we may define leadership, we can agree it is about people and inspiring them to perform as best they can. This course over five days with an ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management) level 7 trainer will provide attendees with everything they need to take the next steps as a leader.
This intensive and practical course will develop the skills, knowledge and mindset of attendees who:
- are in leadership roles
- are preparing for higher or more complex leadership contexts
- wish to make transition from assigned manager to emergent leader
Face-to-face or virtual group course.
Having attended this course, participants will:
1. Have advanced their skills, qualities, traits and styles as leaders and understand the differences in behaviours and competences between managers and influential and inspirational leaders.
2. Be able to build and lead highly performing teams by understanding roles, motivations, axioms of teamwork and likely dysfunctions.
3. Be able to take decisions as a leader, handle uncertain and volatile situations, motivate others, manage themselves and articulate a vision.
4. Have developed communicative competences as a leader and be able to use soft skills to get hard results.
5. Be able to lead and manage quality, results, strategy, projects and change and be better able to represent themselves and their organisation and brand to an international level.
Who Should Attend:
The course can be delivered at different levels as needed:
- Potential management
- Middle management
Key Features of the Course:
- Understanding leadership styles and key theories
- Situational leadership
- Leadership vs. management
- Mentoring and coaching others
- Effective teams, team roles and teamwork
- Setting direction (goal, objectives, mission, vision, strategy)
- Training and developing others
- Decision making and handling risk
- Crisis management
- Problem solving
- Time management, proactivity and adaptability
- Change management and leadership
- Leadership communication
- Ethics and ethical leadership
- Managing stress and working under pressure
- Presenting and representing
- Leading meetings
- Using KPIs
- Managing projects
- Case study analysis
- Personal action planning
Outline / Technical Proposal:
“Leadership is a process whereby an individual influences a group of individuals to achieve a common goal.”
- Peter G. Northouse
“The only definition of a leader is someone who has followers”
- Peter Drucker
“Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality”
- Warren Bennis
“As we look ahead …, leaders will be those who empowerothers”
- Bill Gates
“Leadership is influence – nothing more, nothing less”
- John Maxwell
“Effective leaders help others to understand the necessity of change and to accept a common vision of the desired outcome”
- John Kotter
“[Leadership is] the impact you have on yourself and the impact you have on people around you”
- Adrian Gilpin