Lecturing and Presenting / English as a Medium of Instruction
This intensive training course will develop the competences of academics for lecturing and presenting in English as a Medium of Instruction (EMI).
Face-to-face or virtual group course.
Having attended this course, participants will:
1. Have developed their language and approaches for effectively lecturing and presenting in English.
2. Be better able to give clear instructions.
3. Have advanced their grammar, vocabbulary and lexis for lecturing and presenting.
4. Be able to design effective visuals and instructional content and handle questions.
5. Have delivered and received feedback on a practice lecture.
Who Should Attend:
The course is aimed at anyone working in educational context who needs to present and lecture in English.
Key Features of the Course:
- Key techniques for effective lecturing and engaging an audience
- Giving clear instructions
- Designing effective visuals
- Handling questions
- Grammar, vocabulary and lexis for lecturing and presenting
- Practice lecture and feedback
- Personal action planning
Outline / Technical Proposal: