Train the Trainer (Training of Trainers Certification) - Education Focus
Understanding best practice in training is essential for anyone linked in any way to the development of others. This highly practical course focusing on the training of trainers will provide attendees with all the tools and ideas they need for leading development and training.
This intensive course will provide attendees with everything they need to be effective trainers.
This version of my popular Train the Trainer course will be aimed at educational and training professionals.
Face-to-face or virtual group course.
Having attended this course, participants will:
1. Have advanced their skills, knowledge and mindset as effective, engaging and impactful trainers able to manage all stages of the development of others and themselves.
2. Understand the value of development to organisations and individuals and what different developmental interventions can be used to lead and manage this.
3. Be able to manage all stages of the training cycle from analysing needs to testing and measuring outcomes.
4. Have at their disposal numerous task types and developmental approaches and techniques for use in workplace training.
5. Have engaged in a practice training session during the course followed by reflection and feedback.
Who Should Attend:
The course is aimed at anyone who is involved with staff development in any way. Participants could be in (or looking to move into) a role in training and development, academia, HR or other roles, or could be leaders or managers who want to engage in team development and training.
Key Features of the Course:
- The benefits of development
- Building a group dynamic
- Different forms of developmental intervention
- Designing worksheets
- Training techniques
- Room layout and its impact
- Understanding motivation
- The training cycle and the ADDIE model
- Needs analysis
- Setting outcomes and objectives
- Coaching approaches
- Using PDPs and projects
- Testing and measuring success using the evaluation models
- Using technology
- Using visuals, video and audio in training
- Practice training sessions
- Personal action planning
Hare, Kimberley and Reynolds, Larry (2005) The Trainer’s Toolkit. Carmarthen: Crown Publishing.
Skills Converged (2016) Train the Trainer: The Art of Training Delivery 2nd Ed. London: Skills Converged.
Outline / Technical Proposal: